Famed for its beauty and detail, and dramatically framed by the fountains inside the reflection pond, Carousel Columbia has become the perfect family photo for millions of California’s Great America guests. The golden spire that points to the sky is the perfect signature for the world’s tallest carousel.
Height Requirement: 46” minimum or accompanied by a supervising companion.
Providing an incredible grand entrance to Great America, and standing more than 100 feet high, Carousel Columbia has been the focal point for all entering the park since 1976. Guest who attended during the park’s first few seasons now bring their kids back for that first “wow” moment when entering Great America.
Kids of all ages enjoy choosing from more than 100 exotic animals and horses for a memorable ride. The first level contains a myriad of riding options with giant rabbits, camels, dragons, ostriches and reindeer. The second tier is filled with decorated and jeweled stallions and mustangs, waiting to create a family carousel memory.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A double decker traditional Carousel ride with animals that move up and down, stationary animals, and chariots mounted on a circular platform that rotates counter-clockwise.
- Guests under 46” tall must be held by a supervising companion who is standing on the platform between the animals. Only one rider per animal.
- Maximum weight – 170 lb. per animal; 680 lb. per chariot.
- Guests must have the ability to straddle the ride unit. Guests unable to straddle the ride unit must be seated in a chariot. Guests who do not have independent seated postural control, appropriate center of gravity, able to hold on with one functioning arm, appropriate observed behavior and hand-held infants must ride in a chariot with a supervising companion.
- Riders with a full leg cast must be seated in a chariot.
- Alternate access is available on the lower deck using the ramp to the left of the upper deck entrance. The lower deck is wheelchair accessible and can accommodate one wheelchair during a ride cycle which will be secured in a designated spot on the ride platform. Guests not utilizing the ramp may enter through the lower deck entrance or exit and will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up on the platform.
- Please notify a ride operator if needing to use the ramp.
- Service animals are permitted on the ride platform or chariots.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.