RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
California’s Great America introduces a groundbreaking new single rail steel coaster, RailBlazer, for the 2018 season. RailBlazer is the first coaster of its kind on the West Coast featuring a single rail track throughout; the design requires the rider to straddle the rail, creating an extremely low center of gravity that amplifies every move and enables more dynamic turns and rotations than have ever been possible on a coaster. With an eight-passenger single file train hugging the rail, the coaster will give riders an unobstructed view of the ground and air as they speed smoothly over the twisting track.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
A Revolutionary Roller Coaster Concept
“RailBlazer is a revolutionary roller coaster concept that is an intense and exhilarating ride experience for our guests,” said Raul Rehnborg, vice president and general manager, California’s Great America. “In addition, it marks the company’s initial investment in the park following the City of Santa Clara’s approval this year of the new park master plan, and kicks off a multi-year transformation of California’s Great America into a world-class destination for everyone in the Bay Area and beyond.”
Intense and Exhilarating
RailBlazer lifts riders to a height of 106 feet before plunging them face down at a 90-degree angle. Throughout the 1,800 feet of track, riders travel 52 miles per hour, experience an abundance of airtime and steeply banked turns, undertake three inversions and twist through a zero gravity roll.
An Immersive, Off-Road Adventure
The design spirit of the ride is reflective of an off-road adventure, with immersive sensory theming that embraces the great outdoors of the Bay Area and Central Coast. Once on board, riders ascend a 45-degree climb, dive into a ravine and encounter steeped embankments representing an extreme four-wheeling journey.
Imposing And Scenic
Imposing physical elements during the ride and queue line include a natural waterway, rocky surroundings and a trailhead marquee sign designed to mark the beginning of the journey.
Get Unlimited Rides on RailBlazer with a 2019 Season Pass
The 2019 Gold Season Pass is on sale now. The Pass gives guests unlimited access to RailBlazer, as well as all the other rides and attractions at California’s Great America, Boomerang Bay water park and Gilroy Gardens; special events like The Great Pumpkin Fest, Halloween Haunt and WinterFest; and other discounts and benefits such as free parking.
Ride Safety Information
- A high-speed single rail steel roller coaster turning riders upside down three times. Riders will experience high accelerations and changes in the longitudinal, lateral and vertical directions.
- An individual lap bar with a between-the-legs safety belt, and safety belt harness secures each rider over the head, across the chest and across the thighs and pelvis. Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities; one functioning arm to include one functioning hand and two functioning legs (including feet).
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast or full leg cast are not permitted to ride. Guests with a lower leg cast, leg brace, or forearm cast are permitted to ride if the cast or brace do not interfere with the restraint system. The manufacturer prohibits leg prosthetic devices of any kind on RailBlazer.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit. Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Note: Glasses may only be worn on this attraction if they are secured with an athletic strap. Glasses may not be held in the hands of riders while riding.
- Warning:: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Warning: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.