RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
The Grizzly is a throwback to the classic wooden roller coasters that dot amusement parks across the country. Introduced in 1986, The Grizzly has entertained multiple generations of Great America guests and continues to create screams and smiles for riders of all ages.
Riders can take in the windswept flags of the United States and California before having fun with the not-too-big, yet not-too-small hills that make it a family favorite for everyone. The Grizzly is the ideal transition roller coaster for kids looking to make the jump from Lucy’s Crabbie Cabbies and Woodstock Express to more grown-up thrills.
The Grizzly provides picturesque, behind-the-scenes views of many other attractions, including Barney Oldfield Speedway and Demon. It also delivers unique perspectives of Xtreme Skyflyer and Drop Tower.
Recent years have delivered new wood on numerous parts of The Grizzly, creating a much smoother ride and improved rider experience on the park’s longest ride.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
Ride Safety Information
- A wooden roller coaster with high speed banked turns and airtime humps.
- A shared lap bar is positioned above the laps of all riders in the row. An individual seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis. Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the rides Fast Lane Entrance. Riders will have to transfer into the seat on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out-of-a wheelchair and into the ride unit. Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.