Looking for fun things to do in the San Jose area? Throughout the year, California’s Great America offers many top family-friendly events that add even more fun to your experience at the Bay Area’s favorite amusement park and waterpark.
Enjoy traditional summer activities, like sampling barbecue eats at our Red, White and Brews food festival, or watch us light up the coaster-lined skies with our patriotic fireworks displays throughout the summer. In the fall, Halloween Haunt transforms the park with terrifying monsters and haunted attractions and The Great Pumpkin Fest brings not-so-spooky fun for families. Then, WinterFest brings endless cheer to the Bay Area each holiday season.
If you’re an adrenaline junkie, you’ll love our early ride times—held exclusively for Season Passholders each summer. Check back often for other special Season Passholder perks and fun events that provide something extra for everyone to do in the South Bay!
- March 23 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- April 20 - April 21 (Sat, Sun)
Dia del Niño
- April 28 (Sun)
- May 3 - May 17 (Fri) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cinco de Mayo
- May 4 - May 5 (Sat, Sun) 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Boomerang Bay Opening Weekend
- May 25 - May 27 (Mon, Sat, Sun) 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Memorial Day Weekend
- May 25 - May 27 (Mon, Sat, Sun)
Season Passholder Early Ride Time
- May 25 - August 10 (Sat) 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Fourth of July Celebration
- July 4 (Thu) 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM