Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Quick Amusement Park TipsTHE BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Don't let a few clouds, or even rain, keep you from enjoying a great day at California's Great America. Days with inclement weather can be the best time to visit because lines are short and fewer guests are in the park. The park is open as scheduled (usually with almost all rides operating), rain or shine.
- Want to check weather conditions before you go? Visit the Weather Channel.
- California's Great America is committed to providing a safe environment for all of our guests and associates. All guests arriving at the park are electronically scanned with a handheld "wand" and/or metal detector. Guests are also asked to open any backpacks, purses or waist packs for a brief examination.
- Bring a jacket or sweatshirt for cool evenings; store it in lockers at Carousel Plaza, All American Corners or Boomerang Bay. Bring sunscreen, lip protection and a hat or sun visor to protect yourself from the summer sun.
- Wear comfortable, broken-in shoes. Wear cotton clothing: it is light and dries quickly on water rides such as Whitewater Falls and Logger's Run. You may want to bring an extra pair of dry socks.
- Pocket knives and metal chains, regardless of size, are not permitted inside the park. You will be asked to check in these items at the turnstiles before entering.
- Lockers are available for rent at the Front Gate and in Boomerang Bay. In addition, large lockers are available at Mathilda's Beachwear in Boomerang Bay.
GETTING AROUND THE PARK
- Guests may rent either manual or electric wheelchairs for use within the park. The manual wheelchair is $15 per day plus a $10 holding fee which you will receive at the end of your rental. An electric wheelchair is $50 per day plus a holding fee of $25 which you will receive at the end of your rental.
- Familiarize yourself with the park's layout by taking a moment to look over the park map handed out at turnstiles. Then take a ride on the 200-foot-high Star Tower, located to your right in Carousel Plaza, for a panoramic view.
- Arrange a meeting place should your party get separated. Carousel Columbia near the main entrance, and DROP TOWER Scream Zone, the park's highest landmark, are good choices.
- Always ride the most popular rides - such as Patriot and Flight Deck- when the park first opens or in the early evening when many large groups leave the park.
FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
- Upon entering the park, point out a uniformed security officer that your child can easily spot if he or she should become lost. If your children do get lost, go to Family Care Center, located in Planet Snoopy, where all unaccompanied children are brought.
- Need a stroller and can't fit another thing in the car? California's Great America offers daily stroller rentals for a single passenger at $12.00 per day plus a $5.00 refundable deposit, and a double passenger stroller at $18 per day plus a $5.00 deposit. Check out strollers in the morning, as supplies are limited!
- A guest's height is an important safety factor on many rides. Be sure the children in your party are tall enough to enjoy each activity. Check out the fun and safety guidelines (located at each ride entrance) before you get in line. Also view our height restrictions.
- California's Great America offers diaper changing stations at restrooms throughout the park. Family Care Center, located in Planet Snoopy offers bottle warming, formula, baby food and other special services.