Physics, Science and Math Days
April 27, May 4 and 11, 2018
9AM - 5PM
The principles of physics come to life at California's Great America during Physics, Science & Math Days where we offer special presentations, educational activities, demonstrations, contests, hands on exhibits and more from our educational partners! Students will learn the laws of physics in motion and discover how math and science apply to amusement park excitement.
- Admission: $31
- Admission + Meal: $42
- Season Passholder Lab Fee: $15
- Meal Only: $15
- Meal Purchase Day of Visit (if available): $17
Receive 1 complimentary chaperone ticket for every 15 tickets purchased!*
Physics, Science and Math Days occur on private operating days and will have limited operation. Planet Snoopy and Boomerang Bay water park are not scheduled to be open.
*Meal not included.
What contests will be held during the event?
Why do Season Passholders have to pay for admission?
Season Passes are valid for public operating days. Season Passes are not valid during private events or park buyouts.
What does limited operation mean?
It means that not all rides, stores, or attractions may be available.
Will there be a teacher's lounge?
Yes, we will offer a lounge area for teachers and chaperones in Great America Pavilion, located by Flight Deck.
When and where will the picnic be held? What food items will be available?
The picnic will take place at County Fair Picnic Grove from 12pm - 2pm. The menu will include: Beef Hot Dogs, Potato Chips, Macaroni & Cheese, Green Salad, Fruit Bar Popsicles, and Coca-Cola Soft Drinks.
How do the complimentary 1 for 15 tickets work?
For every 15 tickets purchased, you will receive 1 complimentary admission for that same day.
Where can teachers obtain supplemental teaching materials?
Workbooks and supplemental teaching materials are available at physicsday.org.
What is your accelerometer policy?
How many years has this event been occurring?
- 35 Years
What is the average attendance of each day?
Which day is the most popular?
- The last day is usually the most popular for high schools. April 27 should have the most younger kids.
How do students participate in the activities?
- Students are tasked by their teachers to participate in a certain number of activities and contests. Afterwards, they are given a stamp to signify they participated.
How many schools are attending?
- About 75 a day.
How much is it per student to attend?
How can a school get involved?
- They can reach out to email@example.com to see what they want to do for the park.
Proposed time commitment for speaking and booths?
- Booth 9am-2pm. For a panel, 10:30am-11:15am, and 1:15pm-2pm.
Can students come without a school?
What are the options to make sure the event is turn key so your sponsors will return each year?
- We can provide pop-up tents and a special sign to hang from the tent. Groups can also bring their own promotional banners and materials.
- Power and WiFi provided by Great America?
- Only certain spots can provide power, but if they can request it on their exhibitor form, we can place them in an area with nearby power. We have park WiFi.
- Staff support to greet each company
- I have one dedicated activities person to make sure everyone has what they need in their activities area.
- Meal and parking provided by Great America
- I can provide a meal and parking to the volunteers.
- Tech support if needed. They can plug in a lap top if needed.
- Yes, but they may need to let us know in advance so we can set them up, or put them near an outlet.
- Time limit on each speaker
- There is no time limit in mind, I was just thinking there could be a row of special guests that each talk about what they do, and talk about any cool projects. Then, open up the floor to questions.
- Power and WiFi provided by Great America?
Special bus parking areas are available—making it easy for your group and your drivers. Bus parking is free. Also, bus drivers will receive a complimentary admission ticket when presenting their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) at the Guest Services building, located at the front gate.
Preferred Hotel Partners
Browse preferred hotels near California's Great America.
Travel Agent Pricing
Qualified travel agents with an IATA/IATAN card can save big on tickets to California’s Great America. Please call 408.986.5853 for more information.