May 24, 2018
Come experience an in-depth educational presentation hosted by roller coaster engineers to gain a better understanding of the planning and construction of California’s Great America’s new roller coaster, RailBlazer! Your students will gain a better appreciation for how roller coasters work and what it takes to bring an idea from concept to final product.
- Admission: $36
- Season Passholder Admission: $15
- All-You-Can-Eat Meal: $15
- 9am-10am | Exclusive Ride Time*: Gold Striker, Carousel Columbia, Celebration Swings, Patriot, and RailBlazer
- 9am-10:30am | Roller Coaster Contest Drop-Off
- 10am-11am | Roller Coaster Contest Judging
- 11:15am-12pm | Irvine Ondrey Engineering Presentation
- 12pm | Contest Winners Announced
- 12:15pm-12:45pm | Backstage Tour for Contest Winners
- 12pm-2pm | Pre-purchased Lunch at County Fair Picnic Grove
*Rides are subject to availability
Will it just be schools attending?
May 24 is a public operating day. Season Passholders and the general public are welcome to visit the park; however, the majority will be schools.
Do Season Passholders have to pay admission?
No, Season Passholder cards are valid during public operating days. However, to participate in Engineering Day, there is a $15 fee.
Will there be a teacher's lounge?
Yes, we will offer a lounge area for teachers and chaperones. Location TBD.
When and where will the picnic be held? What food items will be available?
The picnic will take place at County Fair Picnic Grove from 12pm - 2pm. The menu will include: Beef Hot Dogs, Potato Chips, Macaroni & Cheese, Green Salad, Fruit Bar Popsicles, and Coca-Cola Soft Drinks.
How do the complimentary 1 for 15 tickets work?
For every 15 tickets purchased, you will receive 1 complimentary admission for that same day.
Special bus parking areas are available—making it easy for your group and your drivers. Bus parking is free. Also, bus drivers will receive a complimentary admission ticket when presenting their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) at the Guest Services building, located at the front gate.
Preferred Hotel Partners
Browse preferred hotels near California's Great America.
Travel Agent Pricing
Qualified travel agents with an IATA/IATAN card can save big on tickets to California’s Great America. Please call 408.986.5853 for more information.