Anyone who’s ever been to California’s Great America can easily guess that the park goes through a lot of food every year. Like a lot a lot. Between amusement park staples (pizza, burgers, hot dogs and chicken tenders) and Great America favs (funnel cake, tri-tip and mac and cheese) there’s plenty on the menu to please any type of taste bud. All that variety adds up to one truly massive amount of nosh.
But exactly how much food do we go through each season at the park? We looked back at some of our best sellers from 2019 and summed everything up.
Why? Because inquiring minds need to know. And we’re hungry.
In 2019, Great America served up:
- More than 100,000 pounds of chicken tenders
- 46,000 pounds of mac and cheese
- Approximately 8,330 cuts of tri-tip
- 30,000 pounds of Maggie Brown’s famous fried chicken
- Enough hot dogs to stretch from Carousel Columbia to downtown San Jose and back—more than 14 miles of hot dogs total if you laid them end to end!
Anybody else’s mouth watering now?
What’s your go-to Great America food? Let us know in the comments below!