It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Since we can’t all gather together around Carousel Columbia at California’s Great America WinterFest this season, we wanted to bring some holiday cheer directly into your living room instead.
As your family decorates its home this December, use these six fun DIY holiday ornament patterns to help you bring extra joy to the season. They’re an easy and interactive way to have a little extra Great America fun at home this winter!
It’s fun and easy to put your own twist on these awesome Great America 3D ornaments. First, download the ornament patterns by clicking the photo above.
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, here’s how you can make your very own Great America WinterFest ornaments:
- Grab your supplies! You will want to print the designs that you want to build and also have coloring supplies, scissors and tape or glue nearby.
Customization tip: give your design some extra flair by printing on colored paper. Red, green and blue give them an extra sparkle.
- Start coloring your designs! Each template shows what the assembled design looks like. Use the diagram as you color to get an idea for how each section connects to the next.
Customization tip: use a combo of crayons, markers and colored pencils on the same design to really make it pop.
- Carefully cut out the design! Only cut the solid outline of the ornament, not the dashed lines that separate the sides of the ornament.
Customization tip: add glitter glue for extra sparkle.
- Assemble the ornament! Carefully fold along the dotted lines. You will be able to see the final 3D shape of the ornament come together at this point. Glue or tape the tabs to the inside of the ornament to keep it in shape.
- Attach the finishing touch! Place a string or ornament hanger on the top of your creation so you can hang it up.
Customization tip: you can add extra strings or pom poms to the bottom of your design for even more pizazz.
We want to see your creations! Be sure to share on social media when you’re building these ornaments and use #CAGreatAmerica so we can share them! We’ll be sharing our favorites all holiday season.
Have fun, and stay safe, Bay Area. We can’t wait to spend next WinterFest together.