California’s Great America is gearing up for Red, White & Brews—a hometown celebration of Americana food and fun. Spread over two weekends, the event will completely transform the Hometown Square area of the park, bringing over-the-top Americana foods, craft brews, Northern California wines, live bands, and tons more to the heart of the park.
During Red, White & Brews, guests will have the chance to try a host of tasty treats, including a scrumptious twist on a classic dessert. The park’s food and beverage team has some surprising—and daring—dishes on the menu.
Learn how to make one of our favorite treats from Red, White and Brews below!
- 3 oz sliced frozen peaches
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz chopped, candied walnuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Whipped topping
- Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat
- Add brown sugar and stir until combined
- Remove pan from stove and add bourbon
- Return to flame—but be careful because it will likely flambé!
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, add peaches and a pinch of cinnamon
- Cook down for about 3 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency
- Place in serving dish and top with candied walnuts and whipped topping