Looking for fun things to do in the San Jose area? Throughout the year, California’s Great America offers many top family-friendly events that add even more fun to your experience at the Bay Area’s favorite amusement park and waterpark.
Enjoy traditional summer activities, like sampling barbecue eats at our Red, White and Brews food festival, or watch us light up the coaster-lined skies with our patriotic fireworks displays throughout the summer. In the fall, Halloween Haunt transforms the park with terrifying monsters and haunted attractions and The Great Pumpkin Fest brings not-so-spooky fun for families. Then, WinterFest brings endless cheer to the Bay Area each holiday season.
If you’re an adrenaline junkie, you’ll love our early ride times—held exclusively for Season Passholders each summer. Check back often for other special Season Passholder perks and fun events that provide something extra for everyone to do in the South Bay!
Student ID Days
- September 21 - October 28 (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Season Passholder BOGO Free Fast Lane or Fright Lane
- September 21 - October 7 (Fri, Sun)
- September 21 - October 20 (Fri, Sat, Sun)
- October 26 - October 28 (Fri, Sat, Sun)
The Great Pumpkin Fest
- September 29 - October 6 (Sat, Sun)
- October 13 - October 14 (Sat, Sun)
- October 27 - October 28 (Sat, Sun)
- November 23 - December 16 (Fri, Sat, Sun)
- December 19 - December 30 (Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun)
Run and Ride
- December 22 (Sat)
New Year's Eve at WinterFest
- December 31 - January 1 (Mon, Tue) 5:00 PM - 12:30 AM